About Cariads Local Ltd
At Cariads Local we focus on our community and celebrate our local area. The magazines we produce are like old friends – full of juicy local info, word-of-mouth recommendations and excellent ideas on what to do next week!
We produce three monthly publications: Wye Local (since 2006) and Local Beacon (since 2009) and Local Ludlow (since 2018).
We offer a professional and affordable way for businesses to promote their products and services to the people of our area.
Our advertisers are all based near the magazines’ catchment areas. Why contact a plumber who lives over an hour away when you can call one on your doorstep? They’ll get to you sooner and they’ll also spend the money they earn within the same area – it’s a great way to support your local economy.
We pride ourselves on keeping our content local, interesting and informative.
We deliver the magazines through letterboxes and to local pick-up points each month. Our aim is to provide feet-up, by-the-fire enjoyment with a high-quality read every time.
Some of the highlights included in our magazines:
- original content, tailored to our readers
- articles of interest, written by local people
- local arts, culture and community events
- village and local group news
- fascinating histories of where we live
- families; health and beauty; homes and gardens; life outdoors; food and drink, and much more.
We champion our community heroes and feature grass-roots sport. The magazines also contain a large free listings section, to help those who run clubs, put on shows and concerts, and organise charity events, to spread the word about the great things they do here in our community.
Lisa Marie dreamed up the first magazine in 2006.
With lots going on, but nowhere to promote it, she knew the area was crying out for a dedicated publication. With a graphic design and litho print background, as well as wheeling and dealing skills inherited from her father, Lisa Marie made her idea a reality. Many of her first conversations with potential advertisers took place on a Friday evening in the pub…that’s still the best way to meet local traders!
To prevent people missing out on the many great local products and services, Wye Local was created, and we’ve been boosting local businesses ever since.
We are a small local team and practise what we preach
Not only by providing our community with a magazine that works for them, but also by shopping locally and using local services whenever we can.
We love where we live, and so do our readers.
- Lisa Marie Badham, Founder & Editor
- Nicole Williams, Designer, Local Beacon, Local Ludlow
- Jesse Ingham, Designer, Wye Local
- Clare Williams, Sales, Wye Local
- Helen Dunne, Sales, Local Beacon
- Claire Gutteridge, Sales, Local Ludlow
- Robert Williams, Events Listings & Delivery Co-ordinator
- Gill Casey, Accounts
- Davina Griffiths, Accounts